EKU NOVA Student Support Services
What is NOVA TRIO Student Support Services?
NOVA TRIO Student Support Services, funded by the U.S. Department of Education, is dedicated to bridging the gap between high school and college. NOVA at EKU provides 206 first-generation and/or low-income college students with intensive services throughout designed to maximize their chances of success in college.
What can NOVA do for YOU?
NOVA participants have access to our services from Orientation to Graduation, meaning we are here for you throughout your entire undergraduate experience. In order to get the maximum benefits of our program, it is advised that students apply as soon as they are admitted to EKU.
Once accepted into NOVA, you will be assigned a NOVA Advisor and a NOVA Peer Mentor. You can rely on your NOVA Advisor for just about anything, including:
- Course Selection and Scheduling
- Major and Career Exploration and Planning
- Financial Aid Counseling and FAFSA Completion
- Budgeting and Financial Planning
- Graduate School Counseling and Application
- Study and Test-Taking Skills
- Personal Issues
Your NOVA Peer Mentor is an upperclassman NOVA participant who has been where you are, knows the ropes, and is there to guide you throughout your first semester of college. In other words, you already have a friend here at EKU before you even step foot on campus!
Other benefits of being a participant in the NOVA Program include:
- Scholarship and grant opportunities
- Leadership development
- Preparing for Co-Ops and Internships
- Help transitioning from college to the workforce or graduate school
- Supportive folks who are always in your corner and willing to help you with whatever you need to succeed!